Guidelines for Speakers Oral Presentations
- Standard presentations should be 12 minutes with 3 minutes for questions, for a maximum presentation length of 15 minutes.
- Each session will have a dedicated chair to manage time and moderate discussion.
- Chairs will be instructed to strictly keep presentation timing and will interrupt if the presenter exceeds the allotted time (15 minutes per presentation, including questions and discussion).
- Please prepare your slides in PowerPoint using landscape orientation and standard 16:9 format ratio. You can find the guidelines here on how to change the format of your presentation.
- There will be laptop computers (Windows and Mac) available from which to run your presentation. In case you want to use these computers, please bring your presentation on a USB memory stick (or other storage device); Presentations should be pre-loaded on the laptop in the lecture room during breaks. Presenters can also use their own laptops; switching between laptops can be done in the last minute of the question-answer part of the previous presentation.
- Introduce yourself to your session chair 15 minutes before the session starts in the lecture room.
Guidelines for Posters
For proper display at the conference, your poster size should stay within the following maximum dimensions A0 (width 841mm and height 1189mm). The poster boards cannot accommodate larger posters, or posters in landscape format. We kindly ask you NOT to laminate your poster with plastic. Laminated posters tend to curl and are difficult to affix to the boards.
- Poster boards in the poster area will be numbered and ordered using the posterbord number in the scheduling confirmation that will be sent to you.
Poster Printing service: To make your visit to the conference more easy and comfortable, we have installed a poster printing service, i.e., we offer to have your poster printed in Groningen, so you do not have to take it along with you when traveling here. If you want to make use of this service, make sure to email your poster as a PDF file to email@example.com before June 27. Dont forget to mention your full name in the email. Price/Poster: € 25,-. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide an invoice. The poster will be available during the conference at the registration desk.
- All posters should be mounted no later than July 4, noon. Posters can be taken down on July 6 after 4.15 pm.
For those less experienced in designing a poster we offer some general guidelines. Keep in mind that a poster is a graphical approach to presenting research.
- You can attract attention with a good title and a visually appealing presentation. Organization and clarity are critical. Limit the text to one fourth of the poster space, and mainly rely on "visuals" (graphs, photographs, flowcharts, etc.) to tell your "story".
- Your poster title and author information should be positioned at the top-center of the poster. Font size for the title should be at least 70 points, for author information at least 30 points.
- Make it obvious to the viewer how to navigate the poster. The poster generally should read from left to right, and top to bottom. Numbering individual panels, or connecting them with arrows is a standard "guidance system".
- Leave some open space in the design. An open layout is less tiring to the eye and mind.
- Text should be readable from 1.50 meters distance. Use a minimum font size of 24 points.